CDM co-ordinators: roles and responsibilities
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
All those who work in the construction industry have their part to play looking after their own health and safety and in improving the industry's health and safety record.
A CDM co-ordinator is only required where theproject is notifiable.
Their main duties are to:
- advise and assist the client with their duties
- notify details of the project to HSE
- co-ordinate health and safety aspects of design work and co-operate with others involved with the project
- facilitate good communication between the client, designers and contractors
- liaise with the principal contractor regarding ongoing design work
- identify, collect and pass on pre-construction information
- prepare/update the health and safety file