Accident investigation - learning lessons from incidents workshops - Chemical sector stakeholder seminar
Wednesday 23 June 2010 & Thursday 1 July 2010
Venue: Auditorium, Health & Safety Executive, Redgrave Court, Merton Road, Bootle, Merseyside, L20 7HS
- To provide an opportunity for the exchange of information and advice on incident investigation techniques in a positive environment.
- To demonstrate how these techniques can be used to learn from an incident and to assist in their reoccurrence.
- To facilitate informal discussion and provide networking opportunities.
- To build on and maintain positive relationships between HSE and stakeholders.
- To provide stakeholders with sources of HSE guidance on accident investigation.
- To provide stakeholders with techniques for investigating incidents and accidents.
- To provide an awareness of the relationship of human factors in accident and incident investigations.
- To identify the benefits of taking the lessons and learning from an incident.
- To provide a local industry perspective of developing an accident and incident methodology and the benefits gained.
- Provide a syndicate exercise to enable knowledge sharing and networking.