This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Do you import chemicals?

If you place chemical substances and mixtures on the Community market by importing them into EU territory (e.g. the UK), you are considered as an importer under the CLP Regulation. As an importer, you need to classify, label and package the chemical substances and mixtures that you import in line with the CLP Regulation.

In addition, you need to notify the CLP classifications of your substances to the Classification and Labelling Inventory established at the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).

This means you should:

All those in the supply chain are responsible for ensuring that substances and mixtures are labelled and packaged correctly before being placed on the market.

Updated: 2013-07-25