Worksmart video series
Select a topic below to choose the video you wish to download. To download simply right mouse click on the video title and 'save target as'.
Problems viewing these videos?
Note this series is no longer available to purchase
- Ian Whittingham, ex construction worker (Construction 30)
A sixty foot fall and then what?
- Hazel Ronson, building contractor (Construction)
Sees a tough guy get a fright.
- Stephen Peters, Decorator (Construction)
Discovers that building sites aren't for kids.
- Ian Whittingham, ex construction worker (Construction 31)
The dangers of taking the short cut - by one who knows.
- Melvyn Clarkson, Builder (Construction 1)
- Melvyn Clarkson, Builder (Construction 2)
Falls from height
- Chris Wareing, Builder (Construction)
Falls from height
- Adrian Hodges, Health & Safety York Minister (Construction)
Preserving valuable items - including people's backs.
- Chris Wareing, Preston Builder (Construction)
'Working at height': how high is that, then?
- Gareth Tyte, Manchester builder (Construction)
Takes the wrong steps and the quick way down.
- Bernie Smith (Construction)
A nurse is alarmed by an unmasked man.
- Reg Moore, building contractor (Construction)
Workplace meets public place and baby in pram is in danger.
- Dave Thompson, a builder (Construction)
Asbestosis is still a big killer.
- Reg Moore, a steel erector (Construction)
The cost of saving his worker's life.
- Gareth Tyte, Builder (Construction)
Construction safety - Protective clothing
- Sandra Pinder (Construction)
Fatal accident results from working alone in construction
- Roy Britton - Former Joiner (Construction)
A warning about asbestos from one who knows
- Peter Dowdles - Former Roofer (Construction)
Insist on safety nets when working at heights
- Colin Moyle (Construction)
Training is essential for forklift truck drivers
- Deborah Hillier-Paul (Construction)
Warning signs on construction sites
- Roy Quinn - Building Maintenance Worker (Construction)
Avoid asbestos on construction sites
- James Hardie - Former Construction Worker (Construction)
Protect your eyesight - wear safety goggles
- Pupils from Crofton Anne Dale Junior School (Construction)
Children warn against playing on construction sites
- Lee Reed (Construction)
Avoid danger from hoists by having proper training
- John Forecast - Former Plumber (Construction)
A blocked walkway causes a serious accident
- Open farms - Healthy children (Agriculture)
Preventing the spread of E coli 0157 to children on farms.
- Safe ! (Agriculture)
Helping children to stay safe on the farm.
- Hazel Ronson, farmer's daughter (Agriculture)
A man is nearly ripped apart ... by his jacket.
- Anna Saunders, Pupils from High Legh School, Cheshire (Agriculture) -
- John Barber, Rural Stress Network (Agriculture)
How to talk your way out of trouble.
- Barry Johnson, Veterinary Surgeon (Agriculture)
Talks of the things which shouldn't happen to a vet - but all too often do.
- Chris Shaw, Farmer (Agriculture)
A tractor, a dumper truck, a child - and the consequences.
- Children from High Legh School, Cheshire
Child safety on farms
- John Barber, ex-policeman (Agriculture)
An accident leaves a gamekeeper injured, isolated and out of contact.
- Bruce Lodge, ex-farmer (Agriculture)
- Stephen Wilkinson (Agriculture)
A farmer, gets a shock - 11,000 volts!!
- Chris Shaw (Agriculture)
A farmer, tells how a personal hi-fi nearly killed a teenage girl.
- Ray Pettit, a former agriculture engineer (Agriculture 8)
It took 30 years to work out why he had sciatica.
- Ray Pettit, a former agriculture engineer (Agriculture 7)
- John Matthews, former teenage farm worker (Agriculture)
- Dee Howkins, Nurse Practitioner (Agriculture)
- Karen Armstrong (Agriculture)
Vehicle safety - Quad bikes
- Ray Brown - Farmer (Agriculture)
The risks of carrying passengers on farm vehicles
- Susan Smith (Agriculture)
Shortcuts can cause fatal accidents
- Eirian Roberts - Farmer (Agriculture 3)
Keep children away from dangerous equipment on the farm
- Peter Tyrer - Former Animal Health Inspector
Organophosphate poisoning from sheep dip - protect yourself
- Alan Hewitt - Market Gardener (Agriculture)
Recognise the symptoms of stress and get help
- Jeremy Desmond - Farm Labourer (Agriculture)
Turn off equipment when investigating blockages
- Pupils from Brenchley & Matfield Primary School (Agriculture)
Children warn that farms are dangerous places to play
- Pat Turner - Farm Worker (Agriculture)
A farmer is crushed by his own tractor
- Tim Beeson - Gardener (Agriculture)
A fall from an unsecured platform results in injuries and a new phobia
- Jayne Whalley - Farmer (Agriculture)
A running engine causes a man to lose his leg and his job
- Eirian Roberts - Farmer (Agriculture 4)
Quad bikes are powerful - use with caution
- John Barber - Lancs Rural Stress Network (Agriculture)
How to talk your way out of trouble
Slips and Trips
Personal Protective Equipment
Working at height
Health & General fitness