Ten tips for a safer site
- Have good lighting in all areas - check bulbs regularly
- Keep delivery areas tidy – remove crates, bins, rubbish etc
- Mark out with paint, parking areas for vehicles
- Keep pedestrians apart from vehicles
- Get a high visibility vest or jacket and wear it.
- Avoid reversing if possible – could you make your site one way?
- Send information about your site to drivers before they arrive
- Drivers - check you have site information before you leave your depot
- Mirrors can help cope with blind spots – keep them clean
- Drivers stay in the rest room, safe area or the cab during unloading