This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Competence - Information of sources of advice

Health and safety advisers and the help they can give

Health and safety management


Occupational hygienists

Occupational health professionals (doctors and nurses)


Advice on:

Radiation protection advisers

Non-ionising radiation advisers



[back to top]

Other sources of advice

Please note that this list is not comprehensive. Inclusion of an organisation in this list does not imply any endorsement by the Health and Safety Executive.

Environmental Health Officers, based in local Council offices, also offer health and safety advice to certain sectors of industry, eg offices and retail.

Government Departments and Agencies have enquiry facilities and can provide information on health and safety legislation other than the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.