Nuclear safety advisory committee
review group 6 - 7th October 2008
Open government status: Open
Agenda number: NuSAC/RG6/08/A2
Meeting Date: 7 October 2008
Type of paper: Agenda
7th October 2008 from 10.00a.m. to 4:00 pm Shakespeare Room, HSE Rose Court, London
||Introduction and Apologies for absence
||Approval of Minutes: 2nd Meeting of NuSAC/RG6 – 22nd April 2008
||Matters arising from previous meeting
||Members Reports on Technical Exchanges:
||UK Waste Inventory (NDA/RWMD)
Specialist topic of meeting – RWMD R&D Strategy Consultation
The Consultation Document may be accessed through: http://www.nda.gov.uk/news/researchstrategy.cfm
- RG6 Response
- NDA Position (IH/NS)
- HSE Position (SG/FMDB)
- NWAT Position (?)
- NuSAC Position? (PM)
||TBuRD/NRS Evolution proposals to incorporate the Evaluation of the 2007-08 NSR Programme and Progress Statements on the 2008-09 Programme (HSE/Licensees)
||Topics for Future RG6 Meetings based upon NDA, NII and BE lists of challenges (RG6/HSE/NDA/Licensees)
||National Nuclear Laboratory Skills Review by HSE- Status Report (PS)
||Report on Industry Proposal for future EPSRC programmes (PS)
||HSE Input to the 2009-10 Programme
(Below the line)
||Any Other Business
||Date and place of next Sub-committee meeting
List of actions - 2nd meeting
- 08/1 Roger Streatfield to provide RG6 (PH) with a contact name to discuss pond water chemistry. Action complete.
- 08/2 HSE to make Control and Instrumentation Research Report available to RG6 members by July 2008.
- 08/3 HSE and Chair of RG6 to put together a list of topics for RG6 to concentrate on based upon the British Energy and NDA Risk Registers by July 2008.
- 08/4 HSE to compile a standardised list of questions that RG6 members can use when they attend technical exchange meetings to ensure a consistent scrutiny of research programmes in each technical area and to develop a system of prioritisation for the topics RG6 scrutinise by July 2008.
- 08/5 Chair of RG6 to discuss with CoRWM where the boundary between CoRWM and site responsibilities lie, by the next RG 6 meeting in October 2008.
- 08/6 HSE/Licensees to report to the October 2008 meeting of RG 6 on the International Nuclear Safety Research that is being done.
- 08/7 HSE to feed back RG6 Chair’s remark about ND Site Inspectors using Human Factors specialists in key inspections to give a Human Factors perspective. Action Complete.
- 08/8 NDA to circulate its Radioactive Waste Management Directorate Research Strategy to RG6 members by June 2008.
- 08/9 HSE to verify its position on repository research needs and report to the RG 6 meeting in October 2008.
- 08/10 NDA to set up a meeting with the appropriate parties, to discuss skills needs and the current position, during June 2008.
- 08/11 RG6 members to raise issues they wish to be discussed at future meetings or confirm that they have no issues, with the RG6 Secretary by August 2008.