Advisory Committee on Toxic Substances
European Risk Management Advisory Group - Meeting 16 March 2001
10.45 am, 16 March 2001, Globe Room, Rose Court, London
1. Welcome and introductions
2. Risk reduction strategy for acrylamide - ERMAG/2/2001
ERMAG broadly endorsed the risk reduction strategy for acrylamide which included proposals for:
an occupational exposure limit,
- industry voluntary agreements on biological monitoring guidance values, statements of best practice for use in the manufacture of acrylamide and polyacrylamide, and the use of acrylamide crystals in electrophoresis; and
- restrictions on acrylamide use in grout.
3. Risk reduction strategies from other Member States
- Acrylonitrile - ERMAG/3/2001
- 1,4 Dioxane - ERMAG/4/2001
- Methyl tert butyl ether - ERMAG/5/2001
- Oral update on
ERMAG endorsed HSE's negotiating line for these strategies which included proposals for occupational exposure limits and industry initiatives to reduce exposure.
4. Statements of best practice
A general discussion took place on what constitutes an ideal a statement of best practice
5. Future meetings - The next meeting would take place in the Autumn.