HSE - Quarries National Joint Advisory Committee (QNJAC)
- Terms of reference
Terms of reference
- Membership is drawn from HSE, relevant trade associations, trades unions,
employers, professional bodies, training and educational establishments.
Members must be “persons whose responsibilities include the development
of health and safety policies and implementation strategies” in the
- Subcommittees and working groups are established to support main committee
on particular projects as required.
- One per year (generally November). Members may propose one named substitute who may attend meetings on their behalf.
- Outputs, such as guidance, press releases and publications, produced by the QNJAC will carry the title of the QNJAC and must be agreed by each component part of the Committee, as above.
- Outputs of the QNJAC need not be produced under the HSE banner.
- safequarry.com and qnjac.com/.co.uk act as the host websites for QNJAC agreed outputs including guidance, information sheets, toolbox talks and toolkits.
- Outputs of the QNJAC may be placed on websites of membership organisations, or their successors, including the British Aggregates Association (BAA), CoalPro, Mineral Products Association (MPA), Mineral Products Qualifications Council (MPQC), Trade Unions, HSE and other appropriate organisations so long as they are available to members and non-members of those organisations.