HSE - Quarries National Joint Advisory Committee (QNJAC) - Aims and objectives
Aims and objectives
- Promote health and safety throughout the quarrying and associated industries
via an agreed work programme.
- Discuss the application and implementation of existing health and safety
- Provide a forum to explain HSE’s operational policy.
- Consult on draft legislation and European proposals.
- Discuss draft material from HSC/E, trade associations, trades unions and
other interested parties.
- Raise health and safety concerns of the quarrying and associated industries
with manufacturers and suppliers of machinery, plant and equipment.
- Raise training standards and competence of employees
- Produce industry specific guidance and training materials and agreed
methods of production.