HSE - Mining Qualifications Board (MQB)
Agenda for the 142nd meeting of the Mining Qualifications Board on Wednesday 7 October 2009, 10.30am
Mansfield Mines Rescue Station, Mansfield Woodhouse
- Chairman’s Opening Remarks
- Minutes of the 141st Meeting (15 Oct 2008)*
- Matters arising
- Chief Examiners report
- 2010 Syllabi for the examination in mining law
- Any other business
- Date, place and time of next meetings
- Tues 27 April 2010 & Tues 28 September 2010 - 10.30am, Mansfield Mines Rescue Station
- confirmed the minutes of the 141st meeting.
- received an analysis of ‘pass rate’ performance of candidates for the previous 10 years from the Chief Examiner.
- agreed the Syllabi for the 2010 examination in mining law.
- received a detailed illustration of the proposed Competence Management System and the projects main objectives.
- recognised the improved reliability and benefits of the newly introduced Competence Management Model compared to the previous time-based training methods.
- noted dates for the 2010 meetings.