Mining Industry Committee
Tuesday 23 June 2009, 10.00am
Conference Room Hatfield Mine
- Open government status: Fully open
- Agenda number: MIC/A/23062009
- Type of paper: Agenda
- Introduction and Apologies
- Minutes of last meeting (MIC/M/24102008)
- Matters arising
- The Hatfield IGCC Powerplant - J Murray
- Accident Statistics (MIC/23062009/1)
- HSE New Strategy
- Mines Rescue Service - B Jones
- South Wales position
- Escape and Rescue review - J Arthur
- Support review - J Arthur
- Standing Committees report to MIC
- SHMRAB (MIC/23062009/2)
- NTLC SMIM (MIC/23062009/3)
- Any other business
- Date and venue of next meetings: 20 October 2009
- received details of the development of Hatfield Integrated Gasification Combine Cycle - Powerplant designed to be more efficient than a comparable coal plant.
- noted trends in accidents and ill health in the coal mining industry.
- reviewed the background to the development of the new HSE Strategy.
- received a report on a number of issues from the Mines Rescue Service.
- received details of terms of reference and protocol applied to reviews of support and escape and rescue arrangements at mines.
- Standing Committees report to MIC – NTLC Safe Manriding in Mines paper accepted.
- noted date of future meeting.