Mining Industry Committee
Tuesday 20 October 2009, 10.00am
Conference Room Hatfield Mine
- Open government status: Fully open
- Agenda number: MIC/A/20102009
- Type of paper: Agenda
- Introduction and Apologies
- Minutes of last meeting (MIC/M/23062009)
- Matters arising
- Accident Statistics (MIC/20102009/1)
- Mines Rescue Service - B Jones
- New First Aid kit
- Availability of probes for multi-gas instruments
- Standing Committees report to MIC
- 8.1 Escape & Rescue (MIC/20102009/2)
- Any other business
- Date and venue of next meetings:
- 23 February 2010
- 22 June 2010
- 19 October 2010
- received an overview of the latest position with respect to the recent fatal accidents which had occurred in the coal mining industry.
- discussed and noted trends in accidents and ill health notifications from the coal mining industry.
- noted the continuing problems with maintaining current levels of Mines Rescue provision in South Wales.
- received a working group report on suggested additional guidance for First Aid at Mines.
- received details of forthcoming legislation on Identification and Transfer of Explosives.
- noted that operators would shortly be asked to identify and consider competence management frameworks in place at mines.
- noted dates of future meetings.