Deep Mined Coal Industry Advisory Committee (DMCIAC)
10.30am on Tuesday 28 October 2003
- Open government status: Fully open
- Agenda number: DMCIAC/A281003
- Type of paper: Agenda
- Introduction and Apologies
- Minutes of last meeting (DMCIAC/MIN/170603)
- Matters arising
- Legislative Renewal Programme (DMCIAC/281003/1 & 2)
- Accident Statistics (DMCIAC/281003/3)
- Mines Rescue Service
- Bagged barrier system
- IAC Guidance
8.1 Fire and explosion
8.2 Ropes guidance
8.3 Tracklayers guide
- Reconstitution of the DMCIAC
- Any other business
10.1 A stratey for workplace H & S in Great Britain to 2010 (DMCIAC/281003/4)
- Date and venue of next meetings:
17 February 2004
22 June 2004
19 October 2004 BACM Conference Room, Doncaster
- noted progress with the legislative renewal programme
- noted trends in accidents and ill health in the coal mining industry
- considered the relocation of the Ashby & Selby Mines Rescue Stations
- received a presentation addressing “Bagged Barrier Systems”
- reviewed the current status of IAC guidance production.
- discussed issues relating to the reconstitution of the Committee.
- noted the dates of future meetings for 2004.
Copies of papers are available from the Secretary.