Agenda Number: DMCIAC/A/180203
Health and Safety Commission
Deep Mined Coal Industry Advisory Committee
10.30am Tuesday 18 February 2003
- Introduction and Apologies
- Minutes of last meeting
- Matters arising
- Legislative Renewal Programme
- 4.1 Mines Waste Directive
- 4.2 Inhalable dust
- Accident Statistics
- Mines Rescue Service
- Reducing Risks, Protecting People (R2P2)
- IAC Guidance documents
- 8.1 Tracklayers guide
- 8.2 Steel ropes in shafts and haulages
- Explosives supply for the mining industry.
- Reconstitution of the Committee
- Any other business
- Date and venue of next meetings
- noted progress with the legislative renewal programme
- noted trends in accidents and ill health in the coal mining industry
- considered future scenarios for the Mines Rescue Service structure
- received a presentation addressing "Reducing risks, protecting people"
- received the draft guidance document "Guidance on the selection, installation and maintenance of railtrack and associated equipment for use underground in coal mines"
- discussed issues related to the continued supply of explosives suitable for use by the mining industry.
- noted that the reconstitution process for the Committee would commence shortly
- noted the dates of future meetings for 2003.
Published on HSE website with decisions: 26 February 2003
Back to HSC Deep Mined Coal Industry Advisory Committee