ACDP Work Plan for 2011/2012
Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP): Work plan for 2011/2012
- To formulate a common set of containment measures to apply to animal and human pathogens following the review of the regulatory framework for animal pathogens.
- To maintain oversight of the work plan of the ACDP TSE Working Group*.
- To establish a new group to provide TSE risk assessment advice as necessary.
- To complete the revision of the ACDP 1996 Guidance: “Management and Control of Viral Haemorrhagic Fevers”.
- To review the Approved List of Biological Agents.
- To review and update existing ACDP published guidance according to agreed priorities
Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens TSE Working
Group: Work Plan for 2011/2012
- To review and update the current TSE guidance* (Parts 2 and 3 are currently under revision).
- To review Annex G of the TSE guidance* on specialist equipment.
- To draft an additional annex of the TSE guidance* to provide comprehensive and up-to-date advice on surgical procedures involving medium risk tissue.
- To review and update as necessary Annex J in collaboration with the Society of British Neurological Surgeons.
- To update issues on Health & Safety and lab containment to the TSE guidance* in keeping with the new Single Regulatory Framework.
*The TSE guidance referred to above is the “Transmissible spongiform
encephalopathy agents: safe working and the prevention of infection” available from:
http://www.advisorybodies.doh.gov.uk/acdp/tseguidance/. The guidance was
published in 2003 but individual sections are revised as further scientific information
becomes available or future policy decisions need to be reflected.