ACDP Work Plan for 2010/2011
Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP): Work plan for 2010/2011
- To formulate a common set of containment measures to apply to animal and human pathogens following the review of the regulatory framework for animal pathogens (Callaghan review).
- To maintain oversight of the work plan of the ACDP TSE Working Group.
- To complete the revision of the ACDP 1996 Guidance: “Management and Control of Viral Haemorrhagic Fevers
- To revise the ACDP advice on working with influenza viruses of known pandemic potential, in conjunction with the Scientific Advisory Committee for Genetic Modification.
- To draft additional guidance on working with Escherichia coli, following the Griffin investigation into the outbreak at Godstone Farm.
- To review and update existing ACDP published guidance.
Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens TSE Working Group: Work Plan for the 2010/11
- To review and update as necessary the current TSE guidance* (Parts 2 and 3, and Annex H are currently under revision).
- To re-write Annex G of the TSE guidance* on specialist equipment.
- To draft an additional annex of the TSE guidance* to provide comprehensive and up-to-date advice on surgical procedures involving medium risk tissue.
- In conjunction with the work of ACDST†, to consider and draft relevant guidance when necessary on the handling and disposal of single-use surgical instruments.
- To continue to promote the TSE guidance* to healthcare and research workers, through their professional bodies and at relevant conferences.
- To address issues of risk management as they arise.
- To update issues on Health & Safety and lab containment to the TSE guidance* in keeping with the new Single Regulatory Framework.
* The TSE guidance referred to above is the “Transmissible spongiform encephalopathy agents: safe working and the prevention of infection” The guidance was published in 2003 but individual sections are revised as further scientific information becomes available or future policy decisions need to be reflected.
† ACDST – Advisory Committee on Decontamination Science and Technology