Working with victims
Help for those affected by work-related incidents
A significant part of the work of the Health and Safety Executive is investigating health and safety incidents. This site describes our approach when dealing with those affected by work-related incidents and provides links to useful sources of help and support.
- HSE Policy statement – sets out the general principles HSE staff follow when working with victims.
- Real people video – real examples of people who have been affected by work related ill health.
- Information for bereaved families (England &Wales) (Scotland) – Information for families and others who have lost someone through a death at work.
- External sources of help and support for those affected by work-related incidents:
- Citizens Advice – independent organisation that offers free and confidential advice and help.
- Cruse Bereavement Care – national charity offering free support to anyone who has been bereaved.
- Families Against Corporate Killers – offers understanding and support from similarly bereaved people.
- Lighthouse Club Benevolent fund – Charity helping workers in the building and civil engineering industry.
- Witness Services – Part of Citizens Advice, offering advice and support on attending court proceedings.
- Victim Support – independent organisation that offers free and confidential support.