This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

What records do I need to keep?

You must keep a record of any reportable injury, over-three day injury, disease or dangerous occurrence. You can print and/or save a copy of the online form. A copy of the form will be automatically emailed to the email address provided by you. If you don't receive your email acknowledgement and copy of the form this could be because:

If you do not keep a copy of the online form your records must include the date and method of reporting; the date, time and place of the event; personal details of those involved; and a brief description of the nature of the event or disease.

In the case of accidents, employers who must keep an accident book (B1510) under Social security Law can use this for keeping the records of injuries although, a separate method will be needed for cases of disease.

Information supplied to HSE in a RIDDOR report is not passed on to your insurance company. If you think your insurer needs to know about a work-related accident, injury or case of ill health, please remember to contact them separately – insurers have told us that reporting injuries and illnesses at work to them quickly could save you time and money.

Update 2013-10-08